Joint side event with Coalition Clean Baltic, online and on-location in Lübeck, Germany, 20 October 14.00-15.30 CET
A healthy ocean provides blue natural capital which our economy, our societies and our future are dependent upon.
In conjunction with the HELCOM Ministerial Meeting to adopt the updated Baltic Sea Action Plan (BSAP), WWF along with Coalition Clean Baltic (CCB) have invited high-level ministers, finance representatives and NGOs together to discuss ‘how regional investments in the seascape can help support and restore the Baltic Sea.
Our speakers will showcase the financial flows of the main blue economy sectors in the Baltic and our panel will discuss how Baltic Sea countries can align their financial investments to support a Sustainable Blue Economy while delivering to the agreed HELCOM Baltic Sea Action Plan 2021-2030.
- Dr. Lilian Busse – Head of the Division of Environmental Health and the Protection of Ecosystems at the German Environment Agency, HELCOM Chair 2020-2022
- Alison Midgley – Senior Sustainable Finance Specialist, WWF UK
- Mirosław Proppé – Chief Executive Officer, WWF PL
- Dr. Antonia Leroy – Head of Ocean Policy, WWF European Policy Office
- Andreea Strachinescu – Head of Unit responsible for Maritime Innovation, Marine Knowledge and Investment
- Dr. Dennis Fritsch – Sustainable Blue Economy Initiative Lead, UNEP FI
- Hans Beyer – Chief Sustainability Officer, Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (SEB)
- Valerie de Liedekerke – Manager & Interim Director, WWF Baltic Ecoregion Programme (BEP)
- Mikhail Durkin – Executive Secretary, Coalition Clean Baltic (CCB)
Download the agenda and speakers & panellists bio: here
Only registered participants will be able to ask questions to the panellists.
In-person location: Atlantic hotel, Schmiedestraße 9-15, Lübeck, Germany
A Livestream will be made available the 20 October 14.00